Can you complete/compete at the 140.6 distance w/ only 10 hrs of training per week?

Friday, July 31, 2009

Anne vs. Whole Foods

Day 69 - July 31, 2009 - Week 9
Friends, Coach L here to report that Whole Foods can't come close to my wife's cooking. Yep, the cake I had driven over an hour for was terrible. I almost feed it to the birds. Could not believe it. Maybe my standards are too high, but Annie's cakes (cooking) is seriously outstanding. I wish I could share it with you all. No joke, she makes the MOST INSANE sticky buns. She makes the stuff Cinnabon pumps out look like dog chow. Oh well, lesson learned. I just couldn't have her cook her own B-Day cake and there was a story behind this that extends beyond the immediate scope of this blog.

The fun posi that came from this journey that I did not share previously was that I drove the first hour (to Winston) w/ windows closed and with the heat on low. I did this just to make a comfortable setting uncomfortable. If you all could have seen the faces of those at Whole Foods as I worked through the aisles. My stinking Birkenstocks were squeaking w/ each step :) Thought for sure that someone was going to offer me a towel to dry off. Shout out to my man Chrome Dome and Mark O for being in on this insanity.

From a training perspective this AM was a good one. Opted to switch gears slightly and push out a 10K on the treadmill instead of the 10 miles. Wanted to save a bit for the key workout on Saturday. It is amazing how 78 degrees can feel like 95 when the garage door is shut and when there is no fan. I have also found that at about 40 min the treadmill (the actual belt) becomes like ice per the heavy volume of sweat that falls on it. Quality run was had w/ some foam rolling post.

I hope you all have a great day and enjoy some GOOD cake along the way...Coach L out

No comments:

Post a Comment