Can you complete/compete at the 140.6 distance w/ only 10 hrs of training per week?

Thursday, July 2, 2009

'Threshold Booster' Training

Day 39 - July 2, 2009 - Week 5
For those with limited time its hard to beat this workout. I have addressed this workout in a previous post, but feel it deserves more exposure. I also mentioned in the very beginning of this blog that my goal was to dial in on intensity more so then shear volume. This is the corner stone of this "10 hour Project".

I am certainly finding that I am able to hold and sustain higher wattage n
umbers at this stage of the game. Just a few weeks ago I found myself falling apart within this workout. I am certain a part of this is also that I am learning to hold back more, which is essential in IM racing. Below is a fun clip explaining what I think is a strong indicator of a 'good workout'...



For those who like data and graphs here is how this short, but sweet workout panned out:


















Last points:
(1) I will likely exceed the 10 hr limit (but hope to be sub 11 hrs total) this week per my planned 18 miler on Saturday; mid-day. Plan on using a similar approach to the 15 miler last week by creating an Aid Station for each mile so as to practice fueling strategies.

(2) My wife is a stud and did the same workout w/ me this AM while Luke slept (she too is following a "10 HR Project" approach going into IML)

(3) Luke asks for "Coveritee" when he sees me return from the garage (aka Recoverite). He loves the stuff! Is it legit for a 2 1/2 yr old to supplement w/ this stuff? I hope so! He has not executed workouts that would deem such ingestion, but its cool none the less.

(4) Jade Teta (http://www.metaboliceffect.com/) will be doing the first video taping of the ME multisport strength workout w/ Sonni and I on July 6 at Nomad. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment