Can you complete/compete at the 140.6 distance w/ only 10 hrs of training per week?

Monday, July 6, 2009

Metabolic Effect and Studio7Multisport

Day 43 - July 6, 2009 - Week 6
I love the emotions that well up inside prior the 'gun going off'. The adrenaline courses through the veins, your heart climbs well above resting norms, and you adopt tunnel vision; peripheral stimuli is gone. It is hard to break that focus that can develop in those closing moments.

Well, I am here to report that those emotions and physiological responses were had this AM w/ my good man SonniD, Jade Teta, and Gary Leake. As Sonni and I warmed up for our first video cut/taping of a "Metabolic Effect (ME) Multisport Intensive" we both did not have to say a word. We knew that the next 30 minutes were going to take us to the 'tap out' level of exertion and I could hardly stand it. Today we dialed in on the upper body with the bike and swim to provide the 'active recovery' from the strength sessions. Below is a small 2:30 minute clip of 1 of 3 sessions we did today...



We plan on joining forces w/ ME and executing many more sessions like this in the near future. Eventually, we will be putting these sessions on DVD or make them available for download. Next week we will likely hit the lower body and couple it with stair running, etc. I feel like a little kid awaiting Christmas morning...I can't wait!

Would love to get feedback from my loyal followers on this method/approach. Feel free to email me at lance@studio7multisport.com. Oh, shout out to my good man Darren B...thanks for following this project bro.

Coach L is reluctant to repor that I exceeded the 10 hr limit last week. This is how the week unfolded:
It is relevant to note since the beginning of June (official start of "Ironmanin10" training) the average hourly training volume has been 8 hours and 23 min.

I certainly hope you all have a wonderful week! Coach Lance

2 comments:

  1. Metabolic Effects AND tethered swimming???!!! That's just cruel and unusual punishment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your the best SC...yeah the reason I opted to roll w/ the tethered approach was to show another means to getting the swimming done. For the person who is on the road and only has a 10 yd pool available to them this is the way to roll. It is ultra easy to creat your own system so avoid getting pulled in for those $100+ contraptions...LL out

    ReplyDelete