Can you complete/compete at the 140.6 distance w/ only 10 hrs of training per week?

Thursday, July 30, 2009

1 hr of Quality

Day 67 - July 29, 2009 - Week 9
Happy Birthday Annie!
Can't stop thinking about that Whole Foods chocolate cake. Will make sure to report in on this tomorrow.


This is a rest week, which I hope to end w/ a 3-4 hr session on Saturday. The plan is to execute Disc 2 (62-112 miles) of the IML course and then run strong for 1 hr post.

Prior to Saturday I hope to hit a 10 miler at a pace faster then IM pace (on Friday). Closer to 70.3 pacing.

For today I opted to squeeze strength, tethered swimming, and tempo running all into 1 hour. I love these workouts for there is no fluff involved or lolly gagging (sp).

Flow sheet:
(1) 5 x 100 stroke count tether swims w/ finis freestyle snorkel and 30 sec recovery
(for kicks I had G.T. [Lifeguard at Nomad] film me this AM so I could asses my stroke...thanks G.T. for your time!)




(2) 7 min of strength; 10 lb db deep squat w/ shoulder press, push up w/ db row, knee to elbow crossovers, db walking lunges w/ elbow to knee, crunch chest press, 3 foot step up w/ shoulder press, db sky jumps (all done on the awesome spongy pool deck at Nomad w/ bare feet) - no rest between exercises

(3) 1 x 100; as above

(4) 7 min of strength; as above

(5) 4.27 m run at tempo pace through Skybrook

No comments:

Post a Comment