Can you complete/compete at the 140.6 distance w/ only 10 hrs of training per week?

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rest and Pills

Day 24 - June 17, 2009 - Week 3
I am a big fan of rest. True rest that is. No active rest, but full on chill time. Those who have been following this blog from the beginning know that within this training plan I have 2 days of full rest; Wednesday and Sunday. Post the M/T combo of this week I found some 'extra sleep' to really work wonders. A 6:30 AM wake up vs. a 4:15 AM seems like 5 hrs of extra sleep.

Stoked to take on the PowerCrank pre-spin, moderate distance run, and corrective strength tomorrow.

I have been taking in some aids to assist in my training. Once I get the last two items I will do a quick video clip on them all. At the present I am using a 'medicine cabinet' of aids:

Lindberg - Varsity Pack 2
MAP
Race Caps Supreme
(Hammer Nutrition)
Super Antioxidant (Hammer Nutrition)
Anti-Fatigue Caps (Hammer Nutrition)
Glucosamine Chondrotin
[8-12 pills total daily intake]

...awaiting...
Liquid Endurance (Hammer Nutrition)
AO Booster (Hammer Nutrition)

Will roll tonight for about 10 to 30 minutes w/ some stretching mixed in. Focusing on the ITB, glute, and hip flexor regions.

Side Note: if you have been a loyal 'follower' of this blog please register as an official 'follower'. Would love to know who is dialing in on this ongoing 'project'. Shout out to Paul and Katie M. Thanks for joining in on this guys.



No comments:

Post a Comment