Can you complete/compete at the 140.6 distance w/ only 10 hrs of training per week?

Thursday, June 25, 2009

More Power and IML Goals

Day 32 - June 25, 2009 - Week 4
Deep down I was not content w/ the CP 20 I took on last weekend so I ventured outside the garage to the great outdoors. Its hard to beat the fresh air, the sound of birds singing, and the lush green grass. In the same breath, I have grown accustomed to the smell of gasoline and other common odors found in the garage.

So, off to the old Highland Creek Parkway (HCP) I went. This 7.1 mile loop includes plenty of rollers and very few flats to open up on, but I have grown accustomed to this as well. Today I pushed out a norm power of 340 (333 average) and covered 8.35 miles within this 20 min test. Those numbers were more to my liking.

Leading up to IML I will be constantly evaluating CP 20 data and cross referencing against how the legs respond per my rides on the CT Interactive Real Course Video (IRCV). I feel very confident that this will set me up well for the run if I avoid exceeding my upper end wattage limit throughout the 112. It is relevant to note that I will also be very cognizant of the HR response per conditions. In other words, the wattage numbers will not completely 'rule the day' in August. For me to ignore HR responses per changing conditions would prove detrimental to overall performance.

Per the title of this posting I have something to share. If the Lord allows it...my intention is to earn a spot for Kona via this training method/approach of '10 hrs only'. I know this is a gutsy thing to say, but I want the challenge and trust in a very BIG God who is more then capable of allowing this to be. So, there you have it folks. My goal is to leave it all out there in Louisville and to trust/lean on the One who has and continues to sustain me. It is also very relevant to note that if it is His will that I finish this race in 15 hrs then I am at complete peace w/ that outcome as well. God can't be squeezed into a bottle like a genie nor does He operate like a 'drive through window' at Wendy's; "...Lord, I'd like a chocolate frosty, a large side of fries, and...oh...a Kona slot please...". Below are some relevant pieces of scripture:

Proverbs 16:9 (New International Version)

9 In his heart a man plans his course,
but the LORD determines his steps.

Proverbs 19:21 (New International Version)

21 Many are the plans in a man's heart,
but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

For those wanting to know 'my story' or 'turning point moment'...and why 'luck' and 'chance' are not part of my game check this link out:
http://www.wsoctv.com/family/14494269/detail.html






































No comments:

Post a Comment