Can you complete/compete at the 140.6 distance w/ only 10 hrs of training per week?

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Who is in control?

Day 88 - August 20, 2009 - Week 11
Well folks, I am officially in crunch time. It is hard to believe that IML is days away. Before I know it Annie and I will be driving to Louisville for a 'catered workout'. This R calf issue is what it is and I am not so happy about it. Just being honest here folks.

Its amazing how one can train their tail off and have goals/plans/expectations and then the rug is pulled out from underneath your Nikes. So...what is one to do when it all seems a bit bleak? When the future appears uncertain?

Those who have been following this blog know that I had my sights on Kona for 2009. The intention was to leave a mark at this bad boy, but I have been forced to re-evaluate things big time.

I am at a place where I will be totally stoked to make it through IML....let alone throw down a qualifying time.

From the onset I wanted to honor God and glorify Him through this event and the "10 Hr Project". The catch here is that His plan my not line up with what I desired from the onset. That is hard for me to swallow, but I must remember I am not in this for the medals, the pictures, the podium, the finisher certificate, or to play in Kona w/ the fish. I am in this to give God the glory and to experience Him through the good and bad circumstances. I must be prepared to break tape in 9 hrs or to DNF on game day. Two extremes indeed. The ultra cool catch here is that I know on Aug 30 I will be relying fully on His strength and be fulfilling His will for this day.

So, I state officially today, "...bring it on Lord..., may I serve and reflect you well!..."

I want to thank my good man and friend Mike Danenberg for his help on this calf. It is relevant to note that he picked out a biomechanical issue that predisposed me to this 'injury'. Too much POSE running (I seriously did not know I was emphasizing the 'toe off' so dramatically) tendencies overloaded the R calf and it had nothing to do w/ the shoes. Thanks so much Mike for your time and expertise.

I'd like to also thank my good friend Gary M for sending me a piece of scripture I so desperately needed to see today:

Isaiah 41:10

10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

I certainly hope you are all having an outstanding day. I will be posting some relevant data points in the coming days regarding the weekly hour average, etc.

Power on...Coach L

No comments:

Post a Comment