Can you complete/compete at the 140.6 distance w/ only 10 hrs of training per week?

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Game Time

Day 97 - August 29, 2009 - Week 12
Lounging w/ the feet up completing my last post prior to testing out this "10 Hr Project" here at Ironman Louisville (minus the 3 week taper it will likely break down to an 8 hr average per week). Feeling good and praising God that this R calf thing has not gotten worse and feels ready for a "26 mile test run". I am not joking. New biomechanics will be employed that have helped bring this calf to 'normal'. The emphasis will be to minimize the toe off and focus on a mid-foot strike.

In awe of how these 12 weeks evaporated. In awe of how these last days have vanished before my eyes. Love knowing that Anne and I will be taking this race on together.

This morning I spent some time w/ the Lord and got all fired up with this combo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtAjrNqEsoM (Bebo Norman - I Will Lift My Eyes)

...then...


No joke...tears were glowing as I watched the second clip. Love watching this one...it always hits me dead center in the chest.

Not afraid of crying. I hope tomorrow is a 'spiritual experience' where I focus on the important things of taking on such an event. I have never broken down and become a mess at an IM event like you often see on NBC per the Kona coverage. I hope I become a mess and sense the Holy Spirit at work within.

So as a recap on my hopes for IML 2009...

(1) That I would honor Him (Christ) in all that takes place; a sub 1o hr performance (Kona slot) to a '16 hr walk fest' (to finish).

(2) That I would remember Bill Adair who has ALS and who would love to stand, feed himself, and breath on his own again. He can't. I can. And I will remember that when it is hard to lift my feet.

(3) Test this "10 Hr Project" in hopes of shedding light on a completely different mindset of IM training. I am willing to test this out again if for some reason the Lord has other plans set for me tomorrow. Stay tuned on this.

(4) See my beautiful wife 'break tape' with a smile on her face. She has done an exceptional job at being Mama and a wife through this training.

(5) See my athletes (past and present) take on the challenge and exceed their expectations; Bruce R, Jim R, Julia B, and Meredith D. You all rock!

Thank you for praying for Anne and I tomorrow. I will be thinking of you all!

Acts 16:9...








No comments:

Post a Comment