Can you complete/compete at the 140.6 distance w/ only 10 hrs of training per week?

Monday, May 2, 2011

Ironman Louisville Training Commences

Today marked the beginning of IML training.

For the next 17 weeks I will be posting random workouts I have used to best prepare for the IM distance in less then 10 hrs of training per week. Yep, this is the default I use personally for racing the IM distance.

For the number/data oriented folk I will include end of week totals that will include total time spent training and distance covered.

I look forward to sharing this journey with you and showing how one can tackle this distance in much less time IF you...

(1) Stress specific energy systems appropriately
(2) Use strength training consistently
(3) Focus on quality over sheer quantity
(4) Embrace true recovery as a potent stimuli
(5) And study your body along the way

Today I played in the water for 1600 yds:

200 drill choice
4 x 50 w/ :2o seconds recovery
10 x 100 w/ :20 sr
...kick focus w/ Finis snorkel, some fin, and stroke count emphasis...
200 cool down
...25 free / 25 back...

Check back for additional training specifics.

I look forward to sharing the journey with you.

Off to put the diapers in the dryer!
Coach Lance


No comments:

Post a Comment