Can you complete/compete at the 140.6 distance w/ only 10 hrs of training per week?

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A day for celebration!

Today was a great day for two reasons.

First, Anne and I celebrated eight years of marriage! I couldn't have prayed or wished for a better wife. She continues to amaze me in so many ways. Her ongoing willingness to be patient with an imperfect man is what throttles me. She reflects many qualities of Christ to me daily. I love you Annie and look forward to sharing many more years together.

Second, my good friend Rob Dietz (pictured below) at TrySports overwhelmed me with a bike sponsorship/partnership. I am still somewhat in a state of awe to know that I will be riding a Felt B10 with Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 (super sharp technology that promotes precision shifting) on board. This partnership could not have come at a better time as I set my sights on Ironman Louisville with intentions of earning a slot to Kona.


In addition, Rob Morgan (TrySports 'wrench' / bike guru) spent some quality time with me to ensure that the 'rocket would fit the astronaut' as well. Thanks RM!

I'd also like to thank Jeremy, Justin, and Andreas for the genuine interest and strong presence at the store!

In the weeks and months ahead I look forward to sharing my quest for Kona.

Stay tuned friends,
Coach L

No comments:

Post a Comment