Can you complete/compete at the 140.6 distance w/ only 10 hrs of training per week?

Friday, September 11, 2009

"Is the "10 Hr Project" for me?"

Since IML I have been asked by several athletes if this approach to training would work for them.

Without going into great detail here I will use my dear wife as an example. I think after reading this post you will have a better feel for how this training method/approach could fit many athletes.

Okay...as Luke would say, "...lets do this/it...!"

Anne posted an outstanding time for her first go at the Ironman distance. I could not be any prouder of her effort/showing! Below is a quick overview worth posting. I hope this encourages those who are new to this blog and to the veterans:
  • Ran marathons prior to marrying me...
  • Had major knee surgery in 2003-2004; micro-fracture surgery (told she would never run more then a 5K)...God is good...all the time...
  • Training commences for her first super sprint (UNC Wellness - 2008)
  • Takes down White Lake 1/2, Duke 1/2 (2008), and Florida 70.3 (2009)
  • Signed up for IML in 2008 and began training in November
  • Trained for IML following my "10 Hr Project" mindset/methods
I will provide more detail as requested. I firmly believe that this approach will serve the first time IM athlete w/ limited time and for the athlete seeking Kona qualification.

In upcoming posts I will go into more detail on what you will need to have to take this method on. I firmly believe the key to succeeding via the "10 Hr Project" is developing/training your mental capacities. It takes great fortitude to ride hard and strong in one place for 2 to 4 hrs.

Stay tuned friends...and feel free to ask/post questions...

(Side Note: I will be inserting emails I am receiving from athletes in future posts that may help answer Qs that are most common)

No comments:

Post a Comment