Can you complete/compete at the 140.6 distance w/ only 10 hrs of training per week?

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

~1 week post-op

Happy to report that the knee is responding very quickly to rest, ice (Polar Care 500), TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation), and some good old fatty fish; salmon.

Amazed at how quickly the knee has returned to 125 degrees of flexion.

Walking without any noticeable limp. Luke did take a poke at me as he mimiced my 'surgery induced swagger' the other day.

Looking FWD to seeing how all this pans out per the vision of taking on IMF in November.

As noted previously, I am very optimistic that IMF will be possible, but goals will have to be shifted quite a bit. The hopes of Kona qualification and butting heads with the big boys has long been dismissed. I'm totaly cool with that and actually find it somewhat refreshing to toe the line with no stringent expectations.

The one thing that has stayed relatively consistent this year has been the strength training. So, I look forward to seeing how this KEY component to IM training works in my favor in 2010.

Off I go to ice and elevate. Have a great day folks!
Coach L




No comments:

Post a Comment