Can you complete/compete at the 140.6 distance w/ only 10 hrs of training per week?

Thursday, July 29, 2010

2,400 hours left or...

...100 days til' IMF 2010! I thought it only fitting to start this post off by dialing in on 'time'. There seems to be too few hours in a week to get 'it all done' and still be who y0u need to be to your wife and children. So, w/ 12 weeks til' IMF lets get things rolling friends (assuming a 3 week taper).

I am super excited that IMF prep is now officially under way. With approximately 14 weeks to train I am beginning to narrow my focus and wrap my mind around preparing for November.

For 2010 I intend to apply other training methods that I did not use in 2009 for IML (Ironman Louisville). In the next ~14 weeks I plan on sharing my weekly experiences so others can see that one can train for Ironman in much less time then 'advertised'. For those who are new to this blog I plan on training for IMF in less then 10 hrs per week. I also plan to qualify for Kona 2011 w/ this lower training volume and method. In the upcoming weeks I will lay out my goals specifically for all to see. Ya gotta have goals.

I look forward to applying proven training methods as well as others that are relatively new to this 'second round' of "Ironman in 10".

Today I put together a quick video that captured the strength regimen Bill Scibetta (Precision Fitness - http://www.lakenormanfitness.com/index.htm) put together for me w/ the speed work that followed it. For those who want to see this take a look below:





As you may have seen, I finally made the decision to roll w/ the Vibram Five Fingers KSO. I have been wearing them for about a week now and really like them. The key positive to note at this time is an increased awarness of the muscles that innervate the foot. I plan to use these for quick transition runs off the bike and maybe some runs that peak out at 3 to 4 miles. Anne completely vetoed them for church this past Sunday. They lack style points according to my beautiful bride! Despite her unfavorable reviews I wear them everywhere.

I look forward to sharing this journey with you all.

Enjoy your training and the process,
Coach L

No comments:

Post a Comment