Can you complete/compete at the 140.6 distance w/ only 10 hrs of training per week?

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Trusting Him

Day 2 - May 26, 2009
No training today. The focus was to get to the bottom line of what was going on with my bum right leg. Happy to report that it is a deep bone bruise and will respond well to some ice and compression.

Also had some ART done to some adhesions in my left shoulder (posterior) that had become problematic.

I have a non-conventional outlook on injuries/setbacks. I try to embrace them as the Lords way of doing one of two things:

(1) Drawing attention to a weak link in my kinetic chain that needs attention; corrective exercises required

and/or

(2) Creating an opportunity to fill that window of time that I would otherwise be training to draw close to Him for strength, wisdom, and fellowship.

In this day I was reminded of a great truth noted below:

Proverbs 16:9

In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.

My hope is to jump on the CT (CompuTrainer) and have some data files to share with you for tomorrow. Interactive Real Course Video will be utilized and disk 1 will be 'studied' once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment