Can you complete/compete at the 140.6 distance w/ only 10 hrs of training per week?

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Fighting the Blahs

For some, the weight of an event like an Ironman can get a bit heavy on their mind. As a result of this weight they can become doubtful, which can then create a downward spiral of thinking. This is very common for the first time triathlete to the veteran of the sport. I am a bit blah-like right now in fact.

My solution to fighting the blahs and the doubt are quite simple. Those who have followed this blog from the beginning know I love Jesus. I'll get to the point here for I need to get to the IML open water practice swim. I rely fully on His strength and not 'mine', which is fleeting and insufficient for the task on Sunday.

Two songs that have touched me during this season and for IML are below. The links to these songs capture the energy and passion I hope to exude on Sunday.

Kristian Stanfill - "Always"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb4VvNq8WEM

Casting Crowns - "Glorious Day (Living He Loved Me)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqrqPGt11bA

As I sit here at the Marriot this morning and absorb these lyrics and the Word I can't help but feel like a million bucks. The blah turns into joy. The joy then helps refine the focus. The Lord can always help press the 'reset button' when clouds roll in.

How cool is this. Here is the verse for this particular day. The timing is perfect:

Psalm 63:7-8

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)

7 Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
8 My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.

I hope you all can/will 'experience' this same power that I know I will be pulling from on Sunday.

Own the day friends!
Coach L

No comments:

Post a Comment