Can you complete/compete at the 140.6 distance w/ only 10 hrs of training per week?

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Seeking Balance

For the next 4-6 months I will be training for Ironman Louisville (and others) w/ no more then 10 hours of training per week.

In 2009, I will be tackling (Lord willing) the NCTS (North Carolina Triathlon Series), FL 70.3, and IML without exceeding the hourly limit noted above.

I have found it very hard in seasons/years past to balance training with my other responsibilities, passions, etc. As a Christian and family man I simply found my training to be too much of a focus, which negatively impacted my walk w/Christ and my relationship w/Anne (my beautiful wife). It is relevant to note that I have been blessed w/ a 2 yr old boy; Luke who I simply adore.

My hope is to show that one can train and race successfully if the weak links are dealt with and if you are using all the tools available (more on that later). In the following posts I will give some background on my racing/training so you can determine if this will fit your current fitness level.

No comments:

Post a Comment